31st Annual Information Technology Summit & Tradeshow
(this event has passed)
Thursday, May 31, 2018
7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Holiday Inn by the Bay, Portland, ME
Save the Date!
The 31st Annual I.T. Summit & Tradeshow will be Thursday, June 13, 2019!
Go to mtug.org/summit to learn more.
Why Attend the MTUG Technology Summit?
- Keynote speaker, Dr. Rafael Grossmann, Healthcare Technology Innovator
- 14 Technology Workshops, carefully selected by the MTUG board, over 5 tracks
- Exhibit Tradeshow with 50+ exhibitors
- continental breakfast
- buffet lunch
- afternoon dessert
- dozens of door prizes from exhibitors and vendors
Register online below for Attendee Early Bird rate of $45! (student rate available).
Standard advance rate is $50. Event-day rate is $60. Registration is limited so please sign up soon!
To receive updates on MTUG events, sign up for email announcements here: http://www.mtug.org/emails.
This agenda does not include some exhibitor setup and registration time info. For that information, please see the Exhibitor Logistics information.
- Attendee Registration in Lobby (1st floor)
Continental Breakfast in Casco Bay Hall (downstairs)
- 8:00 – 8:30 am – Student Orientation – Cumberland Room, 2nd Fl.
- 7:30am–4:00pm (ALL DAY)
- Casco Bay Hall – Vendor Exhibits
- Casco Bay Hall – Opening Remarks
- Workshop Sessions A (2nd floor - 5 workshops)
- Workshop Sessions B (2nd floor - 5 workshops) Detailed workshop schedule below.
- State of Maine Banquet Hall - Lunch, Keynote Speaker, and Scholarship Presentations
Keynote Dr. Rafael Grossmann, "Mixed Reality & Beyond: The Smart Use of Technology Without Limits!”
- Workshop Sessions C (2nd floor - 4 workshops)
- More Desserts in the Casco Bay Hall
- 3:30pm – Students Regroup at Reserved Table in CB Hall
- Final Remarks, MTUG Grand Prize & Vendor Door Prizes!
- 4:00 pm – The 31st Annual IT Summit & Tradeshow ends
"Mixed Reality & Beyond: The Smart Use of Technology Without Limits!"
Dr. Grossmann explored current trends and the future of the smart application of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality technologies in healthcare and education.
- PRESS RELEASE: www.mtug.org/uploads/mtug2018/PressRelease-MTUG2018.pdf
- WIDE LOGO: www.mtug.org/Uploads/MTUG2018/MTUG2018-SummitLogo-750x280.png
- TALL LOGO: www.mtug.org/Uploads/MTUG2018/MTUG2018-SummitLogo-VERTICAL-340x480.png
- STUDENT FLYER: www.mtug.org/StudentSummitFlyerPDF
General InfoI.T. Summit & Tradeshow activities basic schedule:
- JAN: Booth & Sponsor Registration
- JAN: RFP for speakers
- FEB: Early Bird Booth Prices END (most sell by March)
- MAR: Keynote & Summit releases
- APR: Workshops posted
- MAY: Summit Brochure; Early Bird ends
- Learn more: PREVIOUS YEAR'S 2017 I.T. Summit Brochure [PDF].
Summit Workshop Schedule
Check Often for Updates!
MTUG's RFP process was held from late-January through early-March. Accepted proposals were contacted in early April and announced in mid-April.
Links to Select Workshop Slide Decks & Materials [.PDF]
Career Development Track
Career Development Track
MTUG takes pride in featuring workshops with "end-user" voices -- speakers who are not-IT sales -- representing companies in non-tech industries such as healthcare, finance, retail and manufacturing.Our nonprofit, volunteer board hand-picks presentations from our RFP process that speak to the challenges of real I.T. operations, or venture into areas of new technology and hands-on learning experiences.
Sign up for MTUG's mailing list to be sure to get the complete Workshop Schedule announcement when it becomes available! Go to https://www.mtug.org/emails.
Health Technology Innovator, Speaker, and Instructor,
MTUG's IT Summit and Tradeshow is the premier technology infrastructure conference in Maine with workshop topics that speak to the concerns and interests of IT professionals in all organizational sectors and industries. The exhibitors on the tradeshow floor will run the full array of IT services, from telco and ISP providers, managed services providers, contact center providers, training, IT management and support, data and storage management, infrastructure/data center, cloud services, and more.