2022 Annual Information Technology Summit & Tradeshow
Thu., May 26, 2022 | 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Holiday Inn by the Bay, 88 Spring Street, Portland, ME 04101
Why Attend the MTUG Technology Summit?
MTUG's IT Summit and Tradeshow is the premier technology infrastructure conference in Maine with workshop topics that speak to the concerns and interests of IT professionals in all organizational sectors and industries. The exhibitors on the tradeshow floor will run the full array of IT services, from telco and ISP providers, managed services providers, contact center providers, training, IT management and support, data and storage management, infrastructure/data center, cloud services, and more.
MTUG is committed to reducing attendee risk at the MTUG Summit -- Please read our Covid statement at the bottom of this event page for our current policy on vaccination and/or testing, and mask-wearing.
Attendees enjoy for just $60 Advance Rate:
- continental breakfast, lunch, afternoon dessert
- keynote speaker ~ Bill Pierce, Chief Information Officer at The Jackson Laboratory
- 12 Board-Selected Summit Workshops across 4 tracks, featuring independent voices -- Full Schedule & Descriptions posted! -- plan your day!
- a chance to reconnect with your peers statewide
- full tradeshow floor access featuring a broad selection of tech vendors willing to invest their presence in Maine. Past shows have had over 50 exhibitors.
- numerous door prizes from our sponsors and exhibitors
Sponsors / Exhibitors have unique access to:
- A regional IT professional audience who attend MTUG events specifically for our brand of carefully selected/guided workshops featuring authentic technology implementation experiences from their peers.
- Be present among the largest collection of IT vendors in Maine. Local tech professionals come to MTUG to meet the tech vendors invested in Maine and Northern New England.
- Visibility on the MTUG event site, directory, and event-related publicity.
- Access to the print-only attendee list delivered to all User Group attendees at the event.
Use our Email Signup form below if you would like to receive attendee, presentation, and exhibitor announcements about our next IT Summit, as well as MTUG's free season of monthly events from September to April.
Help MTUG thrive for our 35th year! Be an MTUG Volunteer. MTUG is looking for a few extra volunteers in our Registration Area to help pre-screen and check-in attendees. MTUG Staff and Board will be available at registration at all times for support. Volunteer just 90 minutes and attend the rest of the event free! View the MTUG Volunteer Sign-Up form for more information, and to sign up as a volunteer for #MTUG2022!
Get all the great details in:
The MTUG 2022 I.T. Summit Brochure [DRAFT -- 11 MB PDF] linked here.
Get all the great details in:
This agenda does not include some exhibitor setup and registration time info. For that information, please see the Exhibitor Logistics information.
- Attendee Registration in Lobby (1st floor)
Continental Breakfast in Casco Bay Hall (downstairs)
- 8:00 – 8:30 am – Student Orientation – Connecticut Room, 1st/Lobby Level.
- 7:30am–4:00pm (ALL DAY)
- Casco Bay Hall – Vendor Exhibits
- Casco Bay Hall – Opening Remarks
- Workshop Sessions A (Lobby Level - 4 consecutive workshops )
- Workshop Sessions B (Lobby Level - 4 consecutive workshops)
Detailed PDF of Workshop Schedule & Descriptions below.
- Box Lunches available to enjoy in Keynote area, Workshop rooms (CT, RI are streaming Keynote), or Casco Bay Hall eating area (streaming Keynote>
- 12:30pm: Keynote - Vermont / New Hampshire Hall
- Keynote Speaker Bill Pierce presents "Agility & Resilience in an age of Complexity."
- 1:15pm: Scholarship Recognition
- Come join us as we celebrate 10 years of cosponsored scholarships & recognize our recipients
- Workshop Sessions C (Lobby Level - 4 consecutive workshops)
- More Desserts in the Casco Bay Hall
- 3:30pm – Students welcome to regroup & share at Reserved Table in CB Hall
- Final Remarks, MTUG Grand Prize & Vendor Door Prizes!
- 4:00 pm – The 32nd Annual IT Summit & Tradeshow ends
Ready to Get Involved with the MTUG Summit?
The Public Attendee Registration options are below. Plus, there are still some exhibiting & sponsoring options! -- Learn more about available Sponsorships & Booth packages here!
Public Attendee Registration is Open!
This section is for Public Attendee Registration, as well as supplemental Exhibitor Attendee registration ((if your team needs more passes than what came with your package). For initial Sponsor / Exhibitor Package Registration, please see the Sponsor and Exhibitor Packages section elsewhere on this page.
Eventbrite Order Form
We are experiencing problems with the Eventbrite widget in the MTUG Summit event page. Please use the button below to go directly to the MTUG2022 Summit Eventbrite Form and complete your attendee registrations there. Thank you!
Summit Workshops - Schedule & Descriptions posted!
This year's Summit features 12 Workshops across 4 tracks: I.T. Infrastructure Track, Disruption Track, Security Track, and I.T. Workforce Development Track.
MTUG's Workshops are selected through a public RFP process in the months before the Summit. Our Board of Directors look for programs of interest to the MTUG community, and review workshop content with an eye toward featuring independent, first-person experiences with encountering and solving IT challenges. Vendor speakers must include non-vendor co-speakers to bring "end-user / end-implementer" perspectives to their presentations. Our careful workshop-selection and monitoring process means MTUG Workshops bring unique, hard-to-find content and perspectives.
Workshop Schedule & Descriptions
Workshop schedules are subject to change.
MTUG accepts workshop ideas ALL YEAR LONG! Planning for the next season begins in June (Proposals not accepted for the IT Summit will be automatically considered in this monthly program planning). You may use the Summit RFP form linked here to submit a proposal for next season (just ignore the deadlines):
→ Summit Workshop RFP Form (MS Word version), or
→ Summit Workshop RFP Form (PDF version)
- PRESS RELEASE: www.mtug.org/assets/uploads/mtug2022/PressRelease-MTUG2022.pdf
- WIDE LOGO: www.mtug.org/assets/uploads/mtug2022/MTUGSummitLogo-Horiz-900x330.png
- TALL LOGO: www.mtug.org/assets/uploads/mtug2022/MTUGSummitLogo-Vert-450x640.png
- STUDENT FLYER: www.mtug.org/StudentSummitFlyerPDF
- Direct EVENTBRITE Link: https://mtug2022.eventbrite.com
- LinkedIn MTUG Group (over 1400 members!): www.linkedin.com/groups/1496097/
- LinkedIn Event Listing: https://www.linkedin.com/events/2022mtugi-t-summit-tradeshow6928127793620766720/
- Twitter: twitter.com/MTUG_Maine -- Hashtag: #MTUG2022
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MTUGMaine/
- Facebook Event: www.facebook.com/events/716823079471525
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/mtugmaine/
Sponsor and Exhibitor Packages Still Available!
The MTUG Summit Tradeshow floor is already mostly booked -- please join us soon!
Please click a dark green "button" below to start a registration / invoice request for a Sponsor/Exhibitor package. If you have questions about a sponsorship or exhibiting package, please check out the above comparison grid PDF, or you can Contact Us with your interests and we will be in touch!
Exhibit Booth & Exhibiting Sponsor Packages:
Specialty Sponsoring Packages:
Can't staff a booth this year? That's understandable! Be visible in the Maine Tech community anyway, and support MTUG too! Contact us for a specialty sponsoring package with visibility, attendance, and support options tailored just for you. Note: these packages can be combined with a booth package, if available.
For a full description of all packages, please check out this year's Booth / Sponsor Packages Info Grid [PDF] (same as linked above). Thank you!
MTUG Extends a Huge Thanks
to our Summit Sponsors & Exhibitors
continuing from 2020 and 2021!
The MTUG staff and board are grateful for the support and commitment from our exhibitors and sponsors and supporters who have maintained their support from previous Summits canceled by the COVID-19 global pandemic. Thank you all, for your graciousness and company through this journey, and we very much look forward to a successful 2022 Summit!
If you believe you have credit from 2020 or 2021 for a previously purchased exhibit/sponsor package, and you don't see your company listed in the lists at left, please contact us at "Contact Us" link above.
COVID-19 Event Policy: MTUG will work to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission at our event as much as possible, while still hosting a successful learning and networking experience. The policy here follows federal and state public health guidance and recommendations.
The Two Components of MTUG Summit Covid Guidelines are: 1) Vaccination or Rapid Testing; and 2) Masking based on the CDC’s Covid-19 “Community Level.”
1) Vaccination or Testing – All Attendees must Demonstrate one or both:
- Show an Up-to-Date Vaccination Card (photo will suffice) matching the name of the badge they are issued. “Up-to-Date” means it meets the CDC guidelines of “Up-to-Date” as posted on 4/21/22. For our event, this means having a 2-dose Moderna or Pfizer vaccination series (or a 1-dose J&J vaccine), plus a booster shot if more than 4 months has passed since the primary series. A second booster is not required. MTUG is not setup to evaluate recent Covid infection in lieu of vaccination (for that, a rapid test is an alternative).
- OR, Show a Photo of a Negative Home Rapid Test (or Rapid Test's app showing same) taken ideally in the last 12 hours (24 hours maximum). The FDA has a list of authorized over-the-counter rapid tests. There are a lot of great resources for free rapid tests including Project ACT (monthly kits for Maine and some other states), and special.USPS.com/testkits (the federal gov. resource - a 3rd set is now available). To learn more about tests kits and options that may be available, check out Covid.gov/tests or Maine's Covid 19 testing resource site.
- Both Vaccination AND Rapid Testing encouraged for all. Any attendee (exhibitor, public, volunteer, etc.) who can show both vaccination at any stage of administration, PLUS demonstrate a negative rapid test from within the last 24 hours will be given a raffle ticket to enter into a drawing of 1 of 4 $20 Amazon gift cards.
- Based on CDC “Community Levels” for Cumberland County being “HIGH” on 5/20/22, masks will be required for all MTUG Summit attendees in the Workshop and Tradeshow spaces (non-food areas) unless actively eating or drinking. In the lobby / halls / registration areas, MTUG strongly encourages
everyone to mask, and are grateful to all those who do, but MTUG does not control those areas, so we can’t “require” it. Speakers will be given the option not to mask while presenting (sound systems, spacing, and other distancing tools will be provided).
- To be considered wearing a mask, masks must completely cover the nose and mouth and comply with the CDC guidelines for acceptable face coverings (the following do not meet that requirement: Masks with exhalation valves; masks made of loosely woven fabrics; scarves, buffs, bandanas, gaiters; or face shields alone without a mask).
- Community Levels are a CDC guideline that considers both hospitalization rates and occupancy, as well as case rates, within the last week. These levels are updated Thursday evenings – MTUG is following the level posted late 5/19 or early 5/20/22. Visit the CDC Community Level County Look-Up Tool – also via www.mtug.org/CDCCovidLevels – to view these levels. They will also be posted within the Covid Graphic on the Summit page. For more information about this CDC metric, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/community-levels.html .
MTUG volunteers will be checking vaccination cards and/or photos/app screens of negative rapid tests at Pre-Screening or Check-In / New Registration.
MTUG is indebted to our presenters and helpers – nearly all of whom are volunteers – throughout the event in workshop rooms, the keynote space, the exhibit hall, and especially at registration. These volunteers have worked hard to build a successful learning and networking event for ALL our attendees. These vaccination and masking guidelines seek to reduce the risk of Covid-19 spread among all Summit participants, their families, and their communities.
The COVID-19 Pandemic is an evolving situation, and we appreciate your patience as we navigate rules and guidance to ensure a healthy and successful event for all. Please contact Kate Carpenter at 207-370-5327 if you have any questions or concerns.