CANCELED: 2020 Annual Information Technology Summit & Tradeshow
Thursday, Jun 11, 2020
7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Holiday Inn by the Bay, 88 Spring Street, Portland, ME 04101
The 2020 Annual I.T. Summit & Tradeshow has been canceled due to the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Please see our latest statement below.
SAVE the DATE!
The 2021 I.T. Summit & Tradeshow event
page is posted at this link.
The 2021 Summit will be held
Thursday, May 27, 2021.
The 2021 Summit page includes a thank you section to our many gracious 2020 Sponsors/Exhibitors who chose to hold onto their Summit packages through to 2021. Thank you!!
Summit AgendaThis is a draft early agenda subject to change but reflects typical schedule. This schedule does not include exhibitor setup times, nor exhibitor early check-in time info. For that information, please see the Exhibitor Logistics information.
- Attendee Registration in Lobby (1st floor)
Continental Breakfast in Casco Bay Hall (downstairs)
- 8:00 – 8:30 am – Student Orientation.
- 7:30am–4:00pm (ALL DAY)
- Casco Bay Hall – Vendor Exhibits
- Casco Bay Hall – Opening Remarks
- 9:15–10:15am (session times subject to change)
- Workshop Sessions A (approx. 5 consecutive workshops)
- 11:15am–12:15pm (session times subject to change)
- Workshop Sessions B (approx. 5 consecutive workshops)
Detailed workshop schedule announced after RFP results, in April.
- Lunch, Keynote Speaker, and Scholarship Presentations
Keynote David Cooper, CTO, WEX, Inc.
- Workshop Sessions C (approx. 5 consecutive workshops)
- More Desserts in the Casco Bay Hall
- 3:30pm – Students Regroup at Reserved Table in CB Hall
- Final Remarks, MTUG Grand Prize & Vendor Door Prizes
- 4:00 pm – The 33rd Annual IT Summit & Tradeshow ends
Why Attend the MTUG Technology Summit?
MTUG's IT Summit and Tradeshow is the premier technology infrastructure conference in Maine with workshop topics that speak to the concerns and interests of IT professionals in all organizational sectors and industries. The exhibitors on the tradeshow floor will run the full array of IT services, from telco and ISP providers, managed services providers, contact center providers, training, IT management and support, data and storage management, infrastructure/data center, cloud services, and more.
Learn more about the Summit from LAST YEAR'S
2019 Event Day **LAST YEAR** Brochure [PDF] linked here.
Attendees will enjoy:
- Keynote Speaker
- 15 Technology Workshops, carefully selected by the MTUG board, over approx. 5 tracks
- Exhibit Tradeshow with 50+ exhibitors
- continental breakfast
- buffet lunch
- afternoon dessert
- dozens of door prizes from exhibitors and vendors
To receive updates on MTUG events, sign up for email announcements here: http://www.mtug.org/emails.
About MTUG's decision to to cancel the 2020 MTUG I.T. Summit & Tradeshow.
After careful consideration, the MTUG Board has decided to cancel the I.T. Summit & Tradeshow for the 2020 calendar year due to the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2).
We did not take this decision lightly. While we had considered postponing to a date in the fall, we came to believe, based the course of the pandemic elsewhere and with guidance from regional health officials, that it may not be safe to have a large conference with a multi-state draw at any time in 2020. In the interest of the health of our constituents and the broader community, we decided to focus efforts on a strong ongoing webinar offering through the summer and fall, and on hosting a successful Summit in 2021.
All exhibitor, sponsor, and attendee registrants have been contacted about this cancelation. Attendees will receive full refunds in May. Exhibitors and sponsors will receive a choice of full refunds (minus credit card fees), a credit toward the 2021 Summit & Tradeshow (with priority access to booths), or a choice to convert to a series of sponsorship packages we plan to offer for late summer and fall webinars -- these choices will be sent as a form to Exhibitors/Sponsors in early May. If you have not been emailed yet *at all* about these plans, please use our Contact Us form to let us know.
The latest information on our regional conditions, and the nature of the coronavirus concern, can be found at these helpful sites:
- Maine CDC coronavirus info page: www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus.shtml
- Maine Office of the Governor Newsroom, with current related releases: www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus.shtml
- World Health Organization (WHO) info page: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
We wish you, your families, colleagues, and communities, a safe and enjoyable summer,
and we'll see you online!
This section updated 4/24/2020.