This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Network Administrator/Systems Administrator
- Company: Maine Municipal Bond Bank
- Contact Name: Cindy Roy
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Career Website: www.mmbb.com
- Contact Phone: 207-620-1452
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Are you passionate about technology and network security?
The Maine Municipal Bond Bank is seeking a Network Administrator. Join our amazing technology team and an organization that positively impacts the quality of life for the State of Maine. This position will have the added benefit of a period of overlap with our existing network administrator, who will be retiring. We are looking for someone with a strong technological background, excellent communication and organization skills, an enthusiasm for network operations, and a desire to assist others in the organization by sharing their IT knowledge. As an active member of the Bond Bank’s respected IT team, you will perform a critical role for all stakeholders by managing and protecting the organization’s network infrastructure. Come join our team in this important work!
The Maine Municipal Bond Bank is an independent state agency that works closely with its municipal clientele to provide unique, cost-effective, and competitive financing programs for public infrastructure.
- Retirement plan – Participation in MainePERS
- Volunteer Deferred Compensation - Save additional pre-tax funds for retirement in a 401(a) or 457(b) account through payroll deduction.
- Health insurance coverage – Employee premium coverage is 100%.
- Dental insurance – Employee premium coverage is 100%.
- Life insurance – Coverage is five times your salary.
- Paid Time off – vacation days plus 13 holidays, 12 sick days and volunteer hours
- Professional development assistance & tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Augusta, Maine 04330
Pay Range: $61,000 to $81,000
The Network Administrator is responsible for the operational integrity of the local area network. This includes file, print, email, voicemail, and database servers. Servers operate on a mixture of Microsoft, Linux, and cloud services technology.
- Builds, maintains, and administers network including the VMware virtualization environment.
- Administers and supports Active Directory. Manages and maintains Group Policy.
- Administers and supports email security system and integration with Outlook.
- Uses PowerShell and other command line utilities to administer servers and workstations and automate manual tasks.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, software, and licenses.
- Administers and supports Microsoft 365 environment including Azure AD synchronization with the Local Area Network.
- Works in conjunction with Managed Service Provider for managed services.
- Performs system backups on network and manages backup environments.
- Responsible for all aspects of network security and disaster prevention and recovery. Participates as a member of the Disaster Recovery Team.
- Hardware Support
- Software Support
- Assists with purchasing of new PC’s, laptops, data room equipment, software, and other telecommunication support equipment, including annual budget preparation.
- Coordinates and handles recycling of computer and electronics waste.
- Maintains and oversees server and workstation vulnerability scans.
- Provides relevant training on operating systems, computer software, and Internet applications to staff. Facilitates group training and individual training sessions as required. Develops instructional materials to communicate new and existing software and hardware applications.
- Research and sources new computer technologies, assesses network integration of said technologies, and makes recommendations.
- Keeps up with all the latest security related settings, enhancements, and works within the IT Team to identify and mitigate security related items.
- Works with the IT Team to provide frontline helpdesk support and manage user requests in accordance with departmental standards.
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description is available upon request.