This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
IT Systems Security Engineer
- Company: Vantage Point Recruiting
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Website: vantagepointrecruiting.com
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
The IT Systems Engineer is a critical position in the company's commitment and adherence to all aspects of a secure, reliable and responsive systems environment. Responsibilities include project planning, managing and deploying of hardware and software focused on maintaining, enhancing and protecting the IT infrastructure.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with teams across the company to continually optimize the company's systems while maintaining a hyper-focus on security, reliability and stability.
- Partner with the IT Manager to develop overall IT strategy.
- Perform regular vulnerability scanning and develop and deploy necessary mitigation strategies.
- Maintain systems for monitor, notify, identify trends and analyze
- Participate in root cause analysis and corrective action, including post-mortem analysis
- Stay current on industry trends and 3rd party tools to aid in monitoring, protecting, troubleshooting and overall performance.
- Create and modify IT policy and procedures.
- Analyze trends in system utilization for future capacity planning.
- Maintain detailed documentation of systems change controls.
- Develop training tools/guides for end-users.
- Design, build and maintain infrastructure on MS O365/Azure
- Learn and become a SME in government security regulations
What you'll have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or several years equivalent work experience
- IT Administration experience and several years successfully serving as a Tier2/Tier3 escalation point
- Experience maintaining IT infrastructure security, patch levels or vulnerability mitigation strongly preferred.
- Previous experience developing, writing, deploying, and enforcing IT Policy and Procedure
- IT Project Management experience
- Understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance (SQL experience, a plus)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work closely with Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT staff members and act as an escalation point for complex problems
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
What you can expect from them:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Hybrid work schedule
- Generous 401k match
- Sign-on Bonus
- Annual Bonus
- Collaborative and supportive culture