This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Board Executive Director
- Contact Email: Connect@vantagepointrecruiting.com
- Career Website:
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Maine Technology Users Group (MTUG) is currently looking for a new Executive Director. This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Board of Directors Executive Committee. If you are passionate about information technology and building relationships and partnerships with professionals and businesses to learn and grow, we encourage you to apply! The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with strong communication and organizational skills to support its mission and operational functions.
Current Worksite: Brunswick, Maine (primarily remote with in-person events from Portland to Bangor)
MTUG brings together Maine IT, telecommunications, software and hardware professionals for education, information and networking. Its members include end users, business leaders, vendors consultants, government officials and other interested parties. The annual conference and tradeshow is Maine’s largest technology conference, hosting tech professionals, innovators, and exhibitors for a day of learning and networking. Monthly educational and social events, where independent speakers present on key business topics, run from September through April. They consist of webinars and Peers and Beers socials, held at venues from Portland to Bangor.
MTUG’s Executive Director
is the public face and professional leader of our organization, as well as our chief fundraiser, public spokesperson and primary contact. As Executive Director, you will work at the direction of, and in close cooperation with, an engaged volunteer Board of Directors and several board subcommittees. Your primary role is to help grow and maintain the viability of MTUG to promote its mission: bringing IT professionals and business leaders together to network, educate, and share technology experiences.
Key areas of focus:
- Executive Leadership
- Membership Development
- Board Development
- Program Development
- Sales and Marketing planning
- Membership Analysis and Pricing
- Increase end-user membership and involvement by outreach to Maine for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Meeting and conference logistics
- Event Coordination
- Grant writing
- Assist with speaker recruitment
- Marketing support
- Budget management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate for the Executive Director’s role is a proven community leader with a track record of successfully leading an organization, achieving its goals and having an impact. The ideal candidate embraces servant-leadership, leverages the unique talents of Board volunteers, and has a proven track record of revenue generation.
What you'll bring:
- Interest in/passion for information technology education in the state of Maine
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to manage and achieve strategic objectives
- Experience in developing and managing a budget
- Excels as a strategic planner with excellent listening skills; has the ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the Board and community partners.
- Excels at planning, and delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and is a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Multidisciplinary project management skills
- Action-oriented, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Brings passion, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Past success working with a Board of Directors or similar entity
- Management, leadership, and fundraising experience
- Previous non-profit leadership experience, preferred
- Flexibility regarding duties and schedule
The Executive Director is a key member of the organization. Compensation will be based on candidates experience and abilities, as well as agreed-upon roles and responsibilities. For more information on MTUG, please visit
Send your resume and cover letter, explaining your interest and fit for the position to Connect@Vantagepointrecruiting.com