This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Associate CIO for User Support Services
South Portland, Maine
- Company: Maine Community College System
- Contact Name: Heather L. Albert
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Career Website: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 12076294016
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Associate Chief Information Officer for User Support Services
The Maine Community College System (MCCS) is looking to fill a full-time Associate Chief Information Officer (ACIO) for User Support Services. This position is responsible for supporting, leading, and inspiring distributed teams to deliver information technology (IT) support shared services across the system and its colleges. This includes collaboration with other IT leaders to ensure an overall high-quality service delivery and faculty, staff, and student experience. The ACIO is responsible for managing relationships with senior leaders and college Presidents, including participation in budget and strategy discussions, and addressing quality of service delivery challenges. This position will reside at Southern Maine Community College and provide the connection to the College needs and the shared services team.
The ACIO for User Support Services is classified as a confidential position, level 7. MCCS offers a full suite of employee benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement savings, flexible savings accounts, employee assistance program, tuition waivers, 529 education plan MCCS matching grant and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The required minimum qualifications include a Master’s degree in a computer systems or technology management discipline, or equivalent experience. Ten or more years in technology management or technology customer service. Ten or more years’ experience managing support of education-related technologies, including Student Information Systems, Learning Management Systems, and common education-related simulators, such as human patient simulators. Experience in higher education preferred.
The required knowledge, skills, and abilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrated experience in effective communications with business partners and technology stakeholders to gain alignment among groups with disparate perspectives and objectives.
- Proficiency in managing within resource constrained environments.
- Demonstrated project management and customer service skills in challenging environments.
- Experience developing multi-year technology and service strategies together with associated budgets.
- Experience in managing teams within Support Services organization, SLA’s and Service Catalogs.
- Experience in the support of student information and learning management systems.
Please upload your cover letter, current resume/CV, including names and contact information for three professional references, and official transcripts when you complete the online application. Search will remain open until the position is filled.
MCCS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and non-discriminatory environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact the MCCS Affirmative Action Office (207 629-4000. TTY Dial Maine Relay 711.