This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Technical Support Specialist II (Contract)
- Company: Vantage Point Recruiting
- Contact Email: Connect@vantagepointrecruiting.com
- Career Website: https://vantagepointrecruiting.com/job/technical-support-specialist-ii/
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
1 year contract with strong potential for an extension.
The Helpdesk supports multiple data systems and provides both phone and email support.
- Provide excellent customer service to local agencies by providing guidance on the proper reporting of data and use of data systems.
- Communicate and follow-up on information system issues and enhancement requests to internal and external application support teams.
- Assist to enforce policies that will improve the quality and consistency of the data collected.
- Support the ongoing implementation of Programming & Services, by providing quality control, as it relates to educational data.
- Work with all Department and local staff to train in the collection and use of education data. Actively participate in scheduled training sessions for local administrators on using the Departmental information systems.
- Work with Departmental Teams to provide suggestions to upgrade information systems, make changes in the structure, and order specialized reports.
- Consult with Helpdesk Manager and other data team members on work assignments, discuss work progress, and assignment of specific tasks, in order to ensure sub-team mission, goals and objectives are met.
- Maintain user manuals for Departmental information systems supported by the Helpdesk
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of data, reporting, and workflow for all data entry.
- Strong customer service skills, issue resolution.
- Technical call center support.