This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Associate Manager of Research Information Management Systems
- Company: University Of Maine
- Contact Name: Shane Moeykens
- Contact Email: maine.edu@Shane Moeykens
- Career Website: https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=70515&job=associate-manager-of-research-information-management-systems
- Contact Phone: 2075813399
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
The position supports the Vice President for Research and Dean of the Graduate School by assisting University faculty, research staff, administrators, and graduate students in securing and administering extramural support for their scholarly, research, teaching and community service activities. The Associate Manager of Research Information Management Systems designs and implements multi-user process and workflow strategies for collection, manipulation, storage and retrieval of data for a wide range of grants management activities at all levels of the University. The position provides technical support for UMaine electronic grants management and financial accounting systems.Typical hiring range for this position is $47,000 - $65,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Bachelorâs degree and at least five years of experience in computer programming.
- Knowledge/experience in writing SQL queries.
- Knowledge/experience in relational database design.
- Highly developed organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with clients that have a wide range of abilities, attitudes and authority. (UMaine faculty, staff and administrators, representatives of Federal and State agencies and other funding organizations, auditors, operators of off-site e-business portals).
- Effective oral, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science or Information Management.
- Experience with Grant Management Systems, e.g. Kuali Research.
- Experience with Microsoft Access database design and programming (Visual Basic).
- Hands-on development and support of institutional reporting strategies and solutions.
- Support of Open Source Software (OSS), e.g. Drupal, REDCap, etc.
- Web server administration, devops and management of cloud-based service providers.
- Experience or education in grants management.
- Experience with LEAN process analysis.
- Proven record of providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.