This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
IT Technical Support Specialist I
- Company: Vantage Point Recruiting
- Contact Email: vantagepointrecruiting@Connect
- Career Website: https://vantagepointrecruiting.com/your-career/
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
This is a one year contract with potential for an extension and/or a permanent role. Work is onsite.
- Assist in coordination of testing changes, upgrades and new software products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environment.
- Make recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the environment.
- Participate in performance and volume analysis and design.
- Participate in performance improvement activities. Identify and apply potential improvements related to the environment for an application.
- Provide accurate and complete answers to general use and environment questions in a timely manner.
- Serve as the point of contact for technology support and services.
- Serve as the point of integration between the business functions of the department and the technology requirements of the department.
- Provide desktop computer support.
- Serve as a point of contact for communication and coordination of service outages.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly team and problem review meetings.
- Manage the retirement and disposal of obsolete or broken computer equipment.
- Coordinate the procurement and installation of new computer hardware and software.
- Coordinate virus protection software programs within departments.
- Understand the installation of software patches and upgrades.
- Provide input to training and/or documentation materials regarding latest technical and functional design changes.
- Ensure that all work is documented for future reference.
- Follow quality standards.
- Ensure effective and reliable backups are being Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software;
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers and other related equipment, devices, and systems adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, CD ROMs, printers, and related equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting network issues, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Several years of proven success in a similar role.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
To Apply, send Resume & Cover Letter to: Connect@VantagePointRecruiting.com