This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Technical Support Technician
- Company: OTELCO
- Contact Name: Kelly Elias
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.otelco.com
- Contact Phone: 207-992-9905
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Technical Support Technician position will be a key position within OTELCO's Network Operations Center. This position is responsible for providing Leve I and potentially some Level II troubleshooting and technical assistance inthe areas of our voice-switched, optical transport and Internet and IP based networks for both our ILEC and CLEC operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Document all calls via our Ticketing System.
- Answer incoming customer repair calls, assist with new installation setup - data and/or voice, resolve customer complaints of any type.
- Communicate complex technical issues to customers in an easy to understand manner.
- Perform customer call backs and provide small business customer support.
- Proactively monitor all in-service systems and respond to major events appropriately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Perform duties as ILEC and CLEC Dispatcher.
- Provide DSLAM, E-mail and voice switch provisioning.
- Maintain and supply timely updates for open trouble tickets in terms of accurate trouble and resolution tracking. Maintain interaction with customer directly during the troubleshooting process.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in troubleshooting Dialup internet, support Transport and Voice-switched services or IP Network technology.
- Experience in Microsoft OFfice Suite, Access, Visio and WAN/LAN technology.
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
- Must have strong self-motivational skills and prioritization abilities.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer and telephone systems.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Associates degree or equivalent experience plus 1 - 3 years telecommunications experience.