This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
- Company: Skowhegan Savings Bank
- Contact Name: Felicia Huff
- Career Website: www.SkowheganSavings.com/about-careers.htm
- Contact Phone: 2074749511
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Skowhegan Savings Bank is seeking an individual to join our team asNetwork Administrator, Skowhegan, Maine.
Skowhegan Savings Bank has been dedicated to strengthening Maine's families, businesses, and communities by providing personalized and competitive banking services to the regions they serve for 150 years. An independent mutual savings bank based in Skowhegan, our mission is to provide customers with exceptional service in an innovative banking environment that effectively and efficiently puts the financial needs of the customer first. Skowhegan Savings takes pride in not only being a great place to bank but also a great place to work.
Reporting to the AVP, Information Technology Manager, the candidate will be responsible for performing technical work installing, operating and providing support for local and wide area networks, server, virtualization products, and VoIP phone system. This position will also assist in managing network performance and maintaining network security, ensuring that security procedures are implemented and enforced and will also collaborate with the IT Manager and Business Unit stakeholders to maintain oversight of projects from inception, to scope definition, through successful implementation and completion. Furthermore, the candidate will be responsible for managing, configuring and troubleshooting enterprise-wide technology initiatives and training users on network operations.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Perform analysis of network needs and contribute to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Monitor, maintain, upgrade, and test network hardware, including servers, storage, peripherals, routers, switches, network nodes, terminals and wiring.
- Monitor and maintain network stability and utilization.
- Install, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot network software and business applications
- Work with the Information Technology Team and consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Evaluate network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations.
- Establish and control network and systems access and security.
- Provide Level 2 Help Desk support to ensure timely complete technology requests while providing guidance and educating to Level 1 technicians.
- Provide support for Windows applications, virtualization, network connectivity, remote access, Intranet, email, user administration, VoIP phone system, network printing, faxing, and any other hardware/software issues.
- Perform and maintain hardware and software patching, backups, and restorations.
- Provide support to and trains users in local area network administration and usage.
- Develop or establishes strong relationships with service providers.
- Develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
- Coordinate issue resolution with other support areas as required.
- Provides 24 hour on-call availability for IT related problems.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with demonstrated experience in IT infrastructure management, systems administration and support. Must possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, superior technical aptitude and be detail oriented. Demonstrate strong and effective written and verbal communication skills. Furthermore, must have the proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications required, minimum of 3-5 plus years of experience with preferred emphasis in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related technical discipline area.