- Company: Pro Search
- Contact Name: Sarah Davies
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: Portland
- Contact Phone: 2076994387
Our client, a local fast-growing company who is committed to delivering independent, reliable, and insightful data solutions to clients nationwide, is seeking to add a Data Engineer to their team. This person should have passion for building and maintaining a scalable and secure big data platform. This is a great opportunity for a recent grad who study data engineering and has some SQL skills.
This position will be responsible for loading, processing, and analyzing pour client’s Claims Data Manager (CDM) data warehouse. The successful candidate will become proficient in Advanced SQL, API, big data pipelines using Java, web development using Ruby and React, and other tools employed by our client in order to effectively troubleshoot problem areas and implement new features and recommendations. The position will develop, through research, training, and mentoring, a strong understanding of the data being processed along with underlying data structures and processes to provide effective quality assurance and operating support of our client’s data management systems and data. Responsibilities for the position are split among systems analysis, development, devops, quality assurance engineering and production support.
- Owns the design, development and support of optimal data pipelines
- Develops code and automated tests to implement new features and resolve system issues
- Builds processes supporting data loading, data transformation, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Ensure performance of code meets non-functional requirements
- Writes and runs database scripts to understand system behaviors and data anomalies
- Troubleshoots and triages system and data issues and creates thoroughly documented trouble tickets
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work within and across teams
- Experience coding data pipeline programs and working with complex database structures
- Strong analytical skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with SQL, Java, API, and web development preferred
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services: EC2, Hadoop, Spark, RDS, Redshift preferred
Pro Search, Inc. was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. Pro Search, Inc. strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
Pro Search, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.