MTUG Discussion Forum
Jun 7, 2017
Jodi Nguyen, 214.442.1739, email@example.com
Under minimum supervision the Database Administrator is responsible for the optimal performance and security of databases, system implementation, maintenance, and support. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the development of ETL processes, implementation of IT controls and database performance optimization. Ensure documentation standards and procedures for operations are in place. Actively seek and evaluate opportunities for process improvement. Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6 years experience in related field
- Experience MS SQL Backup methodologies
- Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS/OLAP).
- Strong analytical and documentation skills.
- Proficient in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite) including and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 enviornment.
- Install and manage database servers. Tune performance, defragging, maintain and verify database backups and revie operational logs.
- Create & troubleshoot extract, transform &load (ETL) SSIS packages and daily data file loads.
- Develop stored procedures, QA and release changes to the database made by other developers.
- Manually synchronize database objects and data between development, staging, live and source control enviornments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve MS SQL issues in productions enviornment.
- Support all departments with request related to SQL database, such as ad-hoc reports/analysis, new database deployments, etc.
- Prepare and present weekly progress reports for IT management.
To Apply, contact:
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to participate in this discussion.