MTUG Discussion Forum
Manager, Application Development
May 17, 2017
Location: Portland, Maine
Contact: To apply, please email your resume to Samantha Minton, Recruiter, at email@example.com.
The Manager, Application Development leads a team of software developers in the design, development, enhancement, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of both business facing and internal application systems. This includes legacy applications as well as web applications.
- Effectively manages a team of application developers, driving them to successfully deliver solutions that meet the business requirements on time and within budget.
- Owns the execution of application development tasks – Planning, Estimating, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation.
- Provides estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks.
- Manages resource availability and scheduling.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and support to the direct report staff in both technical and non-technical issues.
- Establishes programming standards and program documentation requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technological trends and utilizes this knowledge to educate both IS and the business on opportunities to build better IS solutions that support and drive business decisions.
- Organizes activities to achieve desired levels of productivity, cost, & quality standards established for the department.
- Ensures that all team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Manages customer expectations and anticipates customer needs.
- Creates a collaborative team environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in software development.
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience managing a development team in the building and maintaining of applications.
- Solid understanding of development processes and the full SDLC.
- Familiarity with a broad range of technologies including COBOL, RPG, Web Services, C#, VB.Net, HTML, XML, SQL.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, communication and team engagement skills.
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to participate in this discussion.