MTUG Discussions are now taking place on
the MTUG LinkedIn Group Page
-- Join the Conversation!
(most recent 3)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree in Information Technology and up to, and including, four years’ experience in an Information Technology or related discipline. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under limited supervision, performs technical support and administrative functions across the complete range of technologies supported by the Information Technology department requiring a vast knowledge of multiple user and server hardware and software environments. An employee in this classification performs day-to-day trouble shooting, research and proactive maintenance tasks on classroom audiovisual and computing equipment, staff and faculty enterprise applications, requiring a broad technical background. The individual has responsibility for, but not limited to: discreet areas of operation, user account support, and timely resolution of computer equipment issues.
This position will also be responsible for installing and configuring wired and wireless network and support infrastructures, be capable of diagnosing and resolving communications, security, hardware and operating systems problems, and will research and test new systems to support academic and administrative needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Duties require knowledge of local area networks
• Knowledge of research techniques, proper micro/minicomputer system data security and backup procedures
• Knowledge of Institution procedures and standards
• Ability to install micro and minicomputer hardware and software
• Load and optimize utilization of advanced micro/minicomputer software and operation systems
• Troubleshoot computer system failures and diagnose computer system problems
• The ability to conduct training classes on system operations and software
• Ability to consult with agency staff and manager on best usage of micro/minicomputer system
BENEFIT SUMMARY: 50% employer paid health, dental and 100% life insurance for employees (spouse/domestic partner/dependent coverage also available), vision insurance, Maine Public Employees Retirement, in lieu of social security; generous vacation/sick time allowances, 12 paid holidays, professional development, and free tuition within the MCCS for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Your application for employment with the Maine Community College System may be subject to public disclosure. Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest, resume, YCCC Application, official transcripts and names of three (3) references by the close of business on January 25, 2017 to:
York County Community College
112 College Drive
Wells, ME 04090
Or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
York County Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and employer. For more information, please call 207/216-4435.