- Application Support Specialist
Contribute to a team delivering and maintaining highly available and secure business applications across the organization. Provide support and maintenance for various business systems and databases, i.e. MS Dynamics, NAV, MS CRM, WMS, POS. This includes database maintenance, integration monitoring, issue resolution, user support, and fulfilling of change requests. Assist with new initiatives including integrations and implementations of new systems.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor multiple business applications and integrations and resolve issues
- Provide capacity and health monitoring and perform maintenance for designated system(s) and SQL databases. Identify trends, problems or opportunities
- Provide user support across multiple business applications, answering questions, providing the resolution or escalating and tracking until resolved
- Work with business areas to deliver select change requests, i.e. design, execution, testing and documentation
- Test changes to ensure quality; correctly resolve issues and deliver required functionality
- Follow effective processes including change management and security policies
- Understanding, in depth, the business processes supported by the system
- Write reports, queries and scripts as needed
- Coordinate and manage vendor resources providing support and escalated issue resolution for prompt turn around
Education, Experience, and Skills:
Posted on Mar 26, 2015
- Technical degree and 1-3 years experience or 4-5 years equivalent experience
- ERP experience with solid business process understanding a requirement. MS Dynamics NAV experience a significant plus
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization and analyzing skills
- Strong understanding of relationships: table relationships, integrations and business transactions
- Database maintenance, preferably SQL Server Management Studio, a plus. Writing SQL queries and SQL Server Reporting Service, a plus
- System maintenance and technical documentation, a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Environment & Office Suite experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Self-motivated, eager to learn and engaged team member
- Must be able to effectively work with people at all levels or the organization
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Support Analyst
We are seeking a Support Analyst to join our growing company. The preferred candidate is a customer service centric, friendly person, who works well in a team environment. This person must be a self-starter and quickly gain an understanding of the company’s business systems, processes, and software tools as well as develop mutual rapport with internal customers. They should possess the discipline and stress management of meeting challenging deadlines within a large-scale enterprise. Strong communication skills are a must as well as analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to shift focus based on changing priorities. The ideal candidate will be proficient in production/technical support activities.
The role focuses on providing customer support as well as administration for the applications the company uses, primarily Salesforce.com.
For Salesforce.com activities, the candidate should have experience in the Sales Cloud, including working with Opportunities, Campaigns, Accounts, Contacts, Workflow Rules, Triggers, Custom Objects, etc. Candidate should be comfortable with creating/modifying permissions, layouts, and security settings as needed.
- Business / Functional Liaison –Answer calls, trouble tickets, and questions pertaining to supported applications, hardware and training requests. Prepare instructional manuals as a means of training and preserving historical knowledge.
- Application Support – Conduct administrative and support related tasks using existing application tools. Includes doing any necessary analysis, interfacing with developers, and following required guidelines to ensure critical business systems remain stable.
- Projects – Possesses the interest and ability to function as part of a project team to perform Unit and System testing of new application functionality, including sign-off on code in development and testing environments prior to production migration request.
- Training – Utilize daily exposure to front-office systems and business requirements to perform training on an as-needed basis.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience with supporting Salesforce.com in a Customer Service or Software Support role
- A basic understanding of database structure and SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrated analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting expertise
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted on Mar 5, 2015
- Database Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors’ Degree in Data Analysis and Reporting, Programming or related field and up to and including 4 years of experience in Microsoft SQL Database Administration and Server Management. Applicant must also have Jenzabar User and Microsoft SQL Server certification.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Database Manager oversees the health and integrity of all campus databases and their host servers. This position supports all database end users on campus ranging from admissions, enrollment, and business office billing processes, to student access through the campus’s Jenzabar web portal. The Database Manager will perform installations and upgrades to the various campus databases and their host servers to ensure security and data integrity including working independently on various assignments and projects.
Additionally, the Database Manager will create and implement custom scripts and queries when necessary, which will be run within the MSSQL environment to support end user needs. One requirement of this position is to perform training for various users on campus to ensure a high level of user skill and data integrity.
This position will also function in support of the campus IT department team to help resolve campus issues in a timely fashion when needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to design and maintain databases and their data
• Understand and demonstrate the principles of Database Manager
• Knowledge and experience in using Microsoft SQL Programming and Scripting
• Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey complicated technical data to both technical and non-technical users
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients
• Ability to manage and prioritize high priority initiatives in a fast paced, changing and technical environment
• Ability to write, update, and organize operational procedures and documentation
• Ability to research and evaluate best practices in database management as well as form strategies for implementation
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
• Ability to effectively supervise, lead, and prioritize tasks
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Your application for employment with the Maine Community College System may be subject to public disclosure. Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest, resume, YCCC Application, official transcripts and names of three (3) references by the close of business on March 4, 2015 to:
York County Community College
112 College Drive
Wells, ME 04090
Or to: email@example.com
York County Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and employer. For more information, please call 207/216-4435.
Posted on Feb 19, 2015
- Production Print Sales Specialists - RICOH
Production Print Sales Specialists located in Portland, ME with Ricoh.
Focused to the Data Center and/or central reproduction departments identifying solutions related to distribute and print opportunities as well as variable data streams; the print solution may reside on the network or in the data-center environment. Responsible for selling digital high volume solutions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for supporting sales force in conducting and presenting benchmark demonstrations, proposals and value propositions related to the production environments inside of account base. This involves applying a consultative approach to C level and IT contacts, using the Ricoh Selling Process to analyze the customer's business communication requirements, and developing customized solutions for the production space to exceed customer requirements.
- Maintains sales database. Utilizes sales database system to maintain a record of all activities inside of each account. This involves many varied tasks not limited to daily updates on account activities using the notes and history section, maintaining up-to-date and accurate records on account actions and identifying and recording competitive information on accounts.
- Updates calendar daily to include appointments and tasks for the assignment. Inspects information daily on accounts in Phase 123 pipeline.
- Reviews leads, pending orders and lease upgrades, developing action plans to progress each cycle.
- Inspects sales reps forecasting. Inspects timely and accurate forecasts entered by sales reps on account assignment by way of Ricoh litmus test.
- Works with integrated team to identify and implement next steps in Phase 123 pipeline for each account. This includes itemizing current state in each account along with identifying next steps in progressing the sales cycle. Maintains 20 times monthly budget in phase 1pipeline, 10 times monthly budget in Phase 2 and 5 times monthly budget in Phase 3. These pipelines should be cleaned and updated each week inside of assigned sales database.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires 4-year college degree.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of advanced selling assignments; industry selling experience is preferred.
- Requires experience and understanding in technologies surrounding networks, data-center environments and central reproduction departments.
- Requires skill in application sales and experience in the sale of network products and high volume products in large-user environments.
- Requires experience as a negotiator.
- Requires a valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per Ricoh's policy
Posted on Feb 2, 2015
- Communications Specialist - MTUG
Part-time / approximately 10 hours per week
MTUG has re-opened this position.
Compensation commensurate with experience and skillset.
The Maine Technology Users Group is seeking an individual with strong customer communications, technical, and data management skills to support our communications technologies.
MTUG sponsors multiple free monthly educational and social events for Maine’s IT community from September through April, a website of resources, and a large annual conference in May.
Key Responsibilities include:
Assistance with Educational Events (schedule to be announced):
- Assist in the technical side of hosting Webex-based webinars
- Assist with any setup for social events (late afternoon / evening, usually Wednesday)
- Assist with the video and photographic documentation of events
- Edit and post webinar and social event videos/photos on our website
- Be prepared to serve as a backup for the Executive Director in other aspects of event management
Assistance with Audience Data Management:
- Maintain constituent databases
- Periodically review data for updates and inconsistencies
- Possibly assist in evaluating alternative CRM database systems
Assistance with Communications Activities at director/board direction:
- Draft marketing emails with articles about MTUG programs and services
- Post events on MTUG website
- Post discussions and events on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Post items of interest on the MTUG Discussions board
- Post job descriptions submitted by constituents to the MTUG Job Board.
- Help take minutes at monthly board meetings and the annual board retreat
(monthly board meetings are 2nd Thursdays; annual meeting is typically all day, 3rd Tuesday in June, although subject to change).
Assistance with the Annual Conference (may require additional hours/week from mid-April until the end of May)
- Manage conference registration database; troubleshoot registration issues
- Send invoices to sponsors, exhibitors, attendees
- Maintain Conference webpage, including sponsor graphics
- Attend the annual conference to manage setup activities and registration.
Skills and Qualities
Skills required for position:
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or similar email marketing tool, including direct HTML editing of email copy
- Familiarity with editing a website using a content management tool, including familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with mail merging features.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and/or Google Apps word processing.
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheets, including formulas, list management, and exporting/importing various data formats
- Comfortable with computers, backup technologies and cloud technologies
- Fluency with keeping in touch and on-schedule in a telecommuting situation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Preferred skills / educational background (will train the right person):
- Some college; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Webex Enterprise edition
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Premier 5 or 6
- Familiarity with Google Drive/Docs
- Skilled in managing video and audio equipment
- Skilled in setting up and maintaining small networks
- Design skills
- Customer service skills
The ideal person in this capacity will be always ready to:
- Ask questions
- Learn more things
- Take notes
- Keep in touch
- Be curious
- Follow through
- Manage their time
- Provide a reality check
- Ask “Why not… ?”
This position is a telecommuting position, with some requirement to attend prescheduled events (mostly afternoon/evening events; some Wednesdays middays, 2nd Thursdays each month). Exact hours may vary week-to-week. At this time, the candidate will be expected to perform work on their own computer, accessing cloud-based resources. Please email a cover letter, resume and LinkedIn profile to . Posted on Jan 12, 2015
- Sales Rep/Account Manager
BEK engages in Design and Implementation of Information Technology and Communication Systems, Managed Services solutions, as well as Hosted & Cloud Services. New and upgrade project work of a variety of solutions, along with ‘Best Practice’ guidelines allow our Clients to experience the Up-time expected at the right balance of functionality and investment. BEK supports clients’ small and medium size businesses throughout Maine and New England.
If you have effective experience in Commercial, non-profit & Municipal market Sales, as well as experience in IT/Communications and have a commitment to excellence in Account Management, then we want to meet you!
Posted on Dec 1, 2014
- Establish a Business Plan which consists of various activities including: cold calling, setting appointments and assessing business needs with prospects & customers, Territory Management, participation in social and professional networking, working client and business partner referrals;
- Experience working with Executive & Management level leaders, decision makers, influencers and IT professionals;
- Speaking to Sales Process Rules of Engagement, setting and meeting desired company and client expectations;
- Preparation of Initial Questioning Strategies & Tactics;
- Identifying business needs and qualifying solution opportunities;
- Collaboration in solution development sessions with the company’s Engineering Staff;
- Capable of composing a solution proposal, quote or RFP response to include Functionality/Benefit statements, ROI calculations, Assumptions/Intentions and Concerns, and Terms & Conditions;
- Fluency in the MS Office Suite;
- Ability to lead and perform sales presentation meetings, demos and present proof of concept;
- Registration of Opportunities and involving Business Partners/Vendors in client initiatives;
- Consistent CRM data entry and regular submission of reliable monthly/quarterly sales forecast;
- Active participation in weekly/monthly Sales Team Meetings;
- Posting of daily activities and producing a call report, maintaining weekly work plans, preparation of annual territory management plan;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an Account Management Plan- perform regular account review, measure client satisfaction and prepare appropriate action plans;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge as outlined in business plan with certain activities such as- attending educational events, self-paced or leader-led training, reviewing professional publications, and attaining manufacturer Sales Certification.
- Provide Examples of-
communication and presentation skills;
customer service skills;
self-motivated/managed cold calling skills;
client negotiation & closing skills;
- Reliable Transportation and ability to travel within assigned territory necessary.
1-2 Years Higher Education Preferred;
3-5 years of business-to-business sales consulting experience;
Basic understanding of Information, Communication and Carrier services preferred
BEK offers an attractive & competitive compensation plan commensurate to experience, proven track record and education;
A territory assignment and/or existing base of clients under management;
A broad portfolio of successful products and services;
Health Insurance, 401K & PTO/Vacation/Holiday plan;
An eager technical staff willing to support Sales Team efforts;
A great professional, small company working environment.
- CompTIA Trainer
Position: CompTIA Trainer
Central Maine Community College is looking for several part-time trainers to prepare our students to take CompTIA certification exams at the Auburn campus.
Trainers must hold the CompTIA certification for which they are teaching. These courses will include A+, Network+ or Security+.
Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Education or Technology is preferred.
Other Skills & Requirements:
Must prepare online and/or classroom based curriculum
Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
Strong presentation skills to train students on technical material and applications
Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of students
Ability to answer student questions concisely and accurately
Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
Must have a passion for teaching and the success of students in the classroom!
Consideration of applications is ongoing. For full consideration, please send all of the following by Sunday, November 28th. A letter of application addressing the above, a current resume including names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and a completed CMCC Employment Application (available at cmcc.edu) to:
This position is paid for by a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. To enrich education through diversity, Central Maine Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and employer. Adaptive equipment is available upon request. For more information, please call (207) 755-5233.
Posted on Nov 13, 2014
- Software Engineer
Our client is hiring for a permanent Software Engineer job in the Portland, Maine area. If you have solid experience writing C/C++ code for embedded systems, then you may be the perfect candidate. You will be responsible for designing, developing and testing applications used in embedded, PC and tablet platforms. You will be part of a team that plays a significant role in the overall development, quality and scope of the finished product. You will have the opportunity to deepen your skill set through a wide range of exposure to a variety of technologies and industries. You will join a company with a state-of-the-art facility and an excellent culture that has an average tenure of nine years among current employees.
The Software Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test software used in new and existing products
- Work within a cross-functional team that creates products that solve complex problems and improves people’s lives
- Promote and practice world-class engineering development methodologies and principles
- Play a key role in determining project goal/objectives feasibility
- Ensure team stays on the cutting edge by making recommendations for software tools
- Apply problem solving skills and experience to identify and improve low level system performance issues
- Proven success developing in C/C++
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly productive environment
- Development experience working on a Linux platform
- Ability to work well with internal departments and external clients
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Software Engineering or related discipline
If you are interested in this Software Engineer job in the Portland, Maine area, then please send a Word version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you may submit your resume by visiting our Adecco website at www.adeccousa.com. If it is determined that you are not a strong match for this opportunity, then we will keep your resume on file for future consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Posted on Oct 25, 2014