- Communications Specialist - MTUG
Part-time / approximately 10 hours per week
MTUG has re-opened this position.
Compensation commensurate with experience and skillset.
The Maine Technology Users Group is seeking an individual with strong customer communications, technical, and data management skills to support our communications technologies.
MTUG sponsors multiple free monthly educational and social events for Maine’s IT community from September through April, a website of resources, and a large annual conference in May.
Key Responsibilities include:
Assistance with Educational Events (schedule to be announced):
- Assist in the technical side of hosting Webex-based webinars
- Assist with any setup for social events (late afternoon / evening, usually Wednesday)
- Assist with the video and photographic documentation of events
- Edit and post webinar and social event videos/photos on our website
- Be prepared to serve as a backup for the Executive Director in other aspects of event management
Assistance with Audience Data Management:
- Maintain constituent databases
- Periodically review data for updates and inconsistencies
- Possibly assist in evaluating alternative CRM database systems
Assistance with Communications Activities at director/board direction:
- Draft marketing emails with articles about MTUG programs and services
- Post events on MTUG website
- Post discussions and events on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Post items of interest on the MTUG Discussions board
- Post job descriptions submitted by constituents to the MTUG Job Board.
- Help take minutes at monthly board meetings and the annual board retreat
(monthly board meetings are 2nd Thursdays; annual meeting is typically all day, 3rd Tuesday in June, although subject to change).
Assistance with the Annual Conference (may require additional hours/week from mid-April until the end of May)
- Manage conference registration database; troubleshoot registration issues
- Send invoices to sponsors, exhibitors, attendees
- Maintain Conference webpage, including sponsor graphics
- Attend the annual conference to manage setup activities and registration.
Skills and Qualities
Skills required for position:
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or similar email marketing tool, including direct HTML editing of email copy
- Familiarity with editing a website using a content management tool, including familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with mail merging features.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and/or Google Apps word processing.
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheets, including formulas, list management, and exporting/importing various data formats
- Comfortable with computers, backup technologies and cloud technologies
- Fluency with keeping in touch and on-schedule in a telecommuting situation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Preferred skills / educational background (will train the right person):
- Some college; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Webex Enterprise edition
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Premier 5 or 6
- Familiarity with Google Drive/Docs
- Skilled in managing video and audio equipment
- Skilled in setting up and maintaining small networks
- Design skills
- Customer service skills
The ideal person in this capacity will be always ready to:
- Ask questions
- Learn more things
- Take notes
- Keep in touch
- Be curious
- Follow through
- Manage their time
- Provide a reality check
- Ask “Why not… ?”
This position is a telecommuting position, with some requirement to attend prescheduled events (mostly afternoon/evening events; some Wednesdays middays, 2nd Thursdays each month). Exact hours may vary week-to-week. At this time, the candidate will be expected to perform work on their own computer, accessing cloud-based resources. Please email a cover letter, resume and LinkedIn profile to . Posted on Jan 12, 2015
- Sales Rep/Account Manager
BEK engages in Design and Implementation of Information Technology and Communication Systems, Managed Services solutions, as well as Hosted & Cloud Services. New and upgrade project work of a variety of solutions, along with ‘Best Practice’ guidelines allow our Clients to experience the Up-time expected at the right balance of functionality and investment. BEK supports clients’ small and medium size businesses throughout Maine and New England.
If you have effective experience in Commercial, non-profit & Municipal market Sales, as well as experience in IT/Communications and have a commitment to excellence in Account Management, then we want to meet you!
Posted on Dec 1, 2014
- Establish a Business Plan which consists of various activities including: cold calling, setting appointments and assessing business needs with prospects & customers, Territory Management, participation in social and professional networking, working client and business partner referrals;
- Experience working with Executive & Management level leaders, decision makers, influencers and IT professionals;
- Speaking to Sales Process Rules of Engagement, setting and meeting desired company and client expectations;
- Preparation of Initial Questioning Strategies & Tactics;
- Identifying business needs and qualifying solution opportunities;
- Collaboration in solution development sessions with the company’s Engineering Staff;
- Capable of composing a solution proposal, quote or RFP response to include Functionality/Benefit statements, ROI calculations, Assumptions/Intentions and Concerns, and Terms & Conditions;
- Fluency in the MS Office Suite;
- Ability to lead and perform sales presentation meetings, demos and present proof of concept;
- Registration of Opportunities and involving Business Partners/Vendors in client initiatives;
- Consistent CRM data entry and regular submission of reliable monthly/quarterly sales forecast;
- Active participation in weekly/monthly Sales Team Meetings;
- Posting of daily activities and producing a call report, maintaining weekly work plans, preparation of annual territory management plan;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an Account Management Plan- perform regular account review, measure client satisfaction and prepare appropriate action plans;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge as outlined in business plan with certain activities such as- attending educational events, self-paced or leader-led training, reviewing professional publications, and attaining manufacturer Sales Certification.
- Provide Examples of-
communication and presentation skills;
customer service skills;
self-motivated/managed cold calling skills;
client negotiation & closing skills;
- Reliable Transportation and ability to travel within assigned territory necessary.
1-2 Years Higher Education Preferred;
3-5 years of business-to-business sales consulting experience;
Basic understanding of Information, Communication and Carrier services preferred
BEK offers an attractive & competitive compensation plan commensurate to experience, proven track record and education;
A territory assignment and/or existing base of clients under management;
A broad portfolio of successful products and services;
Health Insurance, 401K & PTO/Vacation/Holiday plan;
An eager technical staff willing to support Sales Team efforts;
A great professional, small company working environment.
- CompTIA Trainer
Position: CompTIA Trainer
Central Maine Community College is looking for several part-time trainers to prepare our students to take CompTIA certification exams at the Auburn campus.
Trainers must hold the CompTIA certification for which they are teaching. These courses will include A+, Network+ or Security+.
Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Education or Technology is preferred.
Other Skills & Requirements:
Must prepare online and/or classroom based curriculum
Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
Strong presentation skills to train students on technical material and applications
Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of students
Ability to answer student questions concisely and accurately
Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
Must have a passion for teaching and the success of students in the classroom!
Consideration of applications is ongoing. For full consideration, please send all of the following by Sunday, November 28th. A letter of application addressing the above, a current resume including names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and a completed CMCC Employment Application (available at cmcc.edu) to:
This position is paid for by a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. To enrich education through diversity, Central Maine Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and employer. Adaptive equipment is available upon request. For more information, please call (207) 755-5233.
Posted on Nov 13, 2014
- Software Engineer
Our client is hiring for a permanent Software Engineer job in the Portland, Maine area. If you have solid experience writing C/C++ code for embedded systems, then you may be the perfect candidate. You will be responsible for designing, developing and testing applications used in embedded, PC and tablet platforms. You will be part of a team that plays a significant role in the overall development, quality and scope of the finished product. You will have the opportunity to deepen your skill set through a wide range of exposure to a variety of technologies and industries. You will join a company with a state-of-the-art facility and an excellent culture that has an average tenure of nine years among current employees.
The Software Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test software used in new and existing products
- Work within a cross-functional team that creates products that solve complex problems and improves people’s lives
- Promote and practice world-class engineering development methodologies and principles
- Play a key role in determining project goal/objectives feasibility
- Ensure team stays on the cutting edge by making recommendations for software tools
- Apply problem solving skills and experience to identify and improve low level system performance issues
- Proven success developing in C/C++
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly productive environment
- Development experience working on a Linux platform
- Ability to work well with internal departments and external clients
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Software Engineering or related discipline
If you are interested in this Software Engineer job in the Portland, Maine area, then please send a Word version of your resume to email@example.com. Also, you may submit your resume by visiting our Adecco website at www.adeccousa.com. If it is determined that you are not a strong match for this opportunity, then we will keep your resume on file for future consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Posted on Oct 25, 2014
- Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Our client is hiring for a permanent Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer job in the Portland, Maine area. If you have strong QA testing experience within a technical environment and have worked in a regulated industry, then you may be the perfect candidate. You will be responsible for designing test plans, writing test cases and presenting test strategies. You will work for a stable company that has been in business for several decades, and in a state-of-the-art facility. You will be joining a fairly new and quickly growing team with a mission that is truly making a difference in the world.
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Write detailed automated test plans/cases based on requirements
- Participate in system validation activities
- Monitor testing activities to ensure schedule compliance
- Communicate project/testing status to internal/external departments
What's in it for You:
- Generous salary with full benefits
- Stay on the cutting edge by using many of the latest-and-greatest technologies
- Excellent company culture that offers the freedom to think creatively and work collaboratively
- Enjoy the best of both worlds! Work on a small team AND get the stability that comes from a well-established, global company
- Company will invest in your professional development
- Excellent career growth with the ability to promote and take on more responsibility
What you need for this position:
- 5+ years of QA testing experience
- Experience working in a regulated industry, preferably the medical industry
- Bonus points for knowing a scripting language
- Project management experience is a plus
- Hands-on experience writing test scripts, plans and protocols
- Knowledge of one or two programming languages
- Ability to participate in code and design reviews with the software team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact well with software developers
- BS in Computer Science or related field
If you are interested in this permanent Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer job in the Portland, Maine area, then please send your resume in Word .doc format to Larry.Warren@adeccona.com. Also, you may submit your resume by clicking “apply now” or visiting our Adecco website at www.adeccousa.com. If it is determined that you are not a strong match for this opportunity, then we will keep your resume on file for future consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Posted on Sep 26, 2014