MTUG Job Board
Click a job above to see its details at right.
MTUG Discussion Forum
- Technical Lead
We are seeking a Technical Lead to join our growing
company. This position is responsible for technically leading a development
team. This role establishes a technical vision, and works with the development
team to turn it into reality. Along the way, the Technical Lead takes on traits
such as Team Lead and Architect, but they will remain hands-on with code.
The team primarily uses the Microsoft stack, though development for
Salesforce.com is growing. This position is both an individual contributor and
a team leader - responsible for the execution of technical solutions, including
writing/delivering code, and leading developers throughout all phases of the
SDLC. The Technical Lead will provide technical and development leadership
through coaching and mentorship. The Technical Lead will work closely with the
Project Management Office and QA staff. Responsibilities include designing the
solution for a project, mapping out all of the development tasks, creating
estimates based on those tasks, assisting the developers in the completion of
those tasks, and helping triage defects found during testing. The Technical
Lead will also work closely with the Application Support team, helping triage
incoming production issues.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Guide team development efforts towards
successful project deliveries
Maintain high standards of software quality
within the team by establishing good practices and habits
Personally challenge him/herself and team
members to improve code quality and productivity
Provide leadership and guidance to coach more
junior developers, motivate and lead team members
Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs
and related code
Addresses technical debt constantly – escalating
when it becomes risky (time or quality)
Carries out root cause analysis on defects to
ensure fixes are happening in the right way
Promotes collective code ownership so that
everyone has visibility into the feature codebase
Participates and assists in the gathering of
Business Requirements and in the development of Functional Specifications
Responsible for producing Technical
Specifications, ensuring the accuracy of the technical design, as well as
updating existing documentation
Responsible for project estimations
Participating in meetings with other team
members to design user-friendly interfaces; developing high-quality,
object-oriented business objects; and conducting research and evaluation of
software-related technologies and products
Qualities you need to have:
Enthusiasm for software development
Good communication skills, both verbally and in
technical documentations and presentations
Self-motivated nature with excellent time
Attention to detail with strong organizational
and documentation skills
Ability to understand complex code and business
You have in-depth experience working with the
following technologies, and the aptitude and drive to learn additional
technology as needed
Microsoft .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET
Microsoft SQL Server
SOA, REST, SOAP web services
Saas, PaaS, and working with cloud based APIs
Testing frameworks: NUnit
Knowledge of Salesforce.com and APEX is
MS/BC in Computer Science, or related experience
Minimum 10 years of technical experience
Posted on Sep 18, 2015
- Junior Helpdesk Analyst
We are seeking a Junior Helpdesk Analyst to join our dynamic IT Team.
Provide technical and administrative support for desktop and laptop computers, both PC and Apple devices, mobile devices and specific software using a variety of application software and networking hardware. Maintain adequate knowledge of existing software and hardware to maximize efficiency of systems and users' utilization of them. Provide documentation for current systems and evaluate new systems for increased productivity and efficiency. Provide backup coverage for the infrastructure team when needed, training for this will be provided.
- Provide end-user support of existing computing technologies including;
- set-up and configuration of new workstations;
- troubleshoot existing workstations;
- troubleshooting software applications and hardware;
- deployment and configuration of mobile computing devices;
- software and hardware upgrades and fixes.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of server and workstation operating systems and application software in order to provide high levels of support to users.
- Install new software applications or hardware, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards.
- Develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions.
- Assist in maintaining various other systems, including phone systems as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Corporate IT Management.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
Posted on Aug 21, 2015
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Microsoft Active Directory knowledge a must
- Windows Server experience a plus
- Experience in anti-virus and virus removal techniques
- General network principles and operation.
- Strong computer proficiency
- Ability to work unsupervised and to be self-motivated.
- Technical training school or equivalent combination of experience and education. BS in Computer Science or MIS preferred, but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent telephone etiquette a must.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Strong customer, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- 1– 3 year’s work experience
Interested in Posting on the MTUG Job Board?
Email us at email@example.com, and check out our Job Posting area at our LinkedIn Page too!