Unum, a Fortune 250 company and an industry leader providing innovative employee benefits, is currently looking to supplement its already talented IT leadership team with progressive, strategic business technology leaders with experience spearheading continuous improvement and transformative change initiatives, a history of demonstrating significant business value and optimum financial results as Director, Enterprise Technology Advancement.
With exciting growth plans and well positioned from a financial strength/strong capital perspective, Unum wants to continue to attract and develop the very best technology leadership talent with “outside in” perspective, strong consulting and business problem solving skills. Individuals who excel in leading operational areas, fostering an environment of creativity and ideation and excelling at developing and maintaining functional relationships across multiple organizations. At Unum, our workplace culture is built on open communications and partnerships among bright, diverse colleagues who challenge each other for optimal results.
Unum is embarking on a bold transformation of our Information Systems from a traditional, back-office supporting capability into an industry leading set of technology capabilities that enable new and innovative growth opportunities and new standards for customer service excellence. The transformation will be led by the Enterprise Transformation organization and its team of leaders with strengths in strategic thought leadership, technical expertise, business acumen, and organizational intelligence. If this describes you, please consider joining the Enterprise Transformation team in one of our key roles!
The Director, Enterprise Technology Advancement role will be responsible for managing the definition, transformation, and advancement of Unum’s enterprise technology standards and practices. This position will lead a high performing team Senior level architects. The role will report to the AVP of Enterprise Technology Architecture. This team will also provide support to other areas of Enterprise Transformation as need and capacity warrant.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing strategic IT plans that address business priorities
- Ability to develop execution strategies including resource allocations and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-impact projects and perform multiple roles within these projects
- Capable of performing project leader role on multiple medium to large projects while demonstrating a high degree of knowledge of the Navigator project tool.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of applications development methodology
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Data Analysis concepts and relevant technical environments
- Working knowledge of IT functionality and integration across business processes
- This position typically requires a Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent and twelve years experience
- In addition to core job qualifications, ideal candidates will model the following attributes:
- Active listening, keen observation and strong communication.
- Thirst for knowledge relative to business process, technology advancements and trends.
- Ability to build relationships and be persuasive in order to win others over.
- Demonstrated idea-orientation and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated collaborative style. Known for actively seeking and considering ideas from others in order to strengthen outcomes.
- Able to understand complex issues, sort through “clutter,” and see solutions other may not.
Unum offers competitive pay, relocation assistance and excellent benefits. Come join us if you're interested in working in an exciting and challenging environment for a company that is on the move!
Unum provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression
Please apply to this position via Unum Career Section using following link: