IT Community Events
Past Meetings Materials
- March 11, 2015 Finding and Keeping Good IT People - Maine IT Workforce: Maine businesses, like most US businesses, are having a hard time recruiting and retaining IT staff. In this session, a Maine employer, a Maine recruiter and a Maine educator will share their perspectives on the issues.
MTUG boardmembers and webinar coordinators Curt Sweet and Christopher Falk moderate a live online panel session with a studio audience to tackle the difficult issues of building a vibrant IT workforce.
Ron Cantor, President, Southern Maine Community College
Alex Kellogg, Account Recruiting Manager, TEK Systems
Michelle Love, Vice President/HR Manager, Camden National Bank
The attached included presentation contains contributions from all panelists, and the moderators.
[We are working to improve the quality of this webinar's video/audio. Thank you for your patience].
- February 11, 2015 MTUG Webinar - Wireless for Business Continuity and Mobility - Wireless Options for Business Continuity and Mobility Strategies, presented by Chet Smith, Advanced Solutions Architect, Verizon Wireless. Event moderation by MTUG director Kate Carpenter, with coordination assistance from MTUG Board Member Alan Bakutis of Fairchild Semiconductor.
- January 14, 2015 MTUG Peers & Beers - Microsoft Exchange 2013 Migration with Bangor Savings - Overview of Migrating to Exchange 2013 - Bangor Savings Bank's Experience, with Jared Simpson and Andrew Grant, Bangor Savings Bank. Event coordination by Christopher Falk of Reliable Networks, Kevin Heatley of Gorham Savings Bank, and MTUG director Kate Carpenter.
See All Meetings
Our mission at MTUG is to:
- Educate Maine businesses and consumers about the business, technical and regulatory aspects of information technology and its management.
- Enhance information technology infrastructure, services and their use in Maine by bringing together businesses, consumers, technology providers, telecommunication providers, and legislators/regulators
- Provide economic and social benefits to Maine's community of IT professionals and enthusiasts through regular educational events.