IT Community Events
Job Board / Discussions
Past Meetings Materials
- May 4, 2016 MTUG Portland Peers & Beers - This is the placeholder file that allows categories without files to still show videos.
- April 13, 2016 Trends in Server Infrastructure - [Slides-PDF] - Joe McIntyre, Business Development Manager at Systems Engineering, presents how SDN is changing the purchasing decisions for server infrastructure for storage and disaster recovery (DR) solutions. Flexible and efficient SDN backup/DR solutions are driving businesses away from traditional hardware-intensive, proprietary, and expensive DR server infrastructure solutions.
- April 13, 2016 Trends in Server Infrastructure - [Slides-PDF] - Brad Martin, IS Manager at Franklin Savings Bank, discusses their enterprise implementation where a hardware agnostic, hypervisor-based backup and recovery solution has reduced the physical server footprint and expenses while improving the system’s recovery point, time objectives, and operational efficiency for testing the recovery solution.
See All Meetings
MTUG Brings Information Technology Professionals Together
MTUG brings together interested individuals in the Maine telecommunications and computer networking industries for education, information, and networking. MTUG members include end users, vendors, consultants, government officials, and other parties who care about issues that affect the telecommunications and information technology of the state. Membership in MTUG is free of charge.
MTUG provides these services through:
- Free monthly educational meetings in varied locations throughout the state.
- An annual telecommunications and computer networking Conference held in Portland every Spring.
- Meeting presentations, discussion boards, job postings and other information and documentation provided on the MTUG website.
Individuals and organizations interested in Maine telecommunications and computer networking issues are welcome to participate in MTUG. To receive the monthly MTUG email newsletter with details on educational meetings and the Conference and to participate in MTUG discussion forums, please sign up here.